Why get an Energy Audit?
- If you are planning a renovation and would like to see quantitatively where your upgrades will give you the most payback
- If you are uncomfortably warm or cool in any areas of your home or office
- If you would like to take advantage of current tax breaks for upgrading energy efficiently
- If you are curious just how “leaky” your windows really are compared to your ceiling!
- If you are a nerd (like us) and like to see if all of your air sealing really changes the amount of unconditioned air that gets into your home
We use infrared (IR) cameras to pinpoint exactly where there are air leaks in your home or office.
Cut Energy Usage
Windows are often blamed for most building air leaks, and they are also usually the most expensive upgrade. We are not against replacing windows, but we like to recommend upgrades in order of cost effectiveness. The good news is, there are many other solutions that reduce the amount of unconditioned air that gets into your home that are much less expensive and much more effective. We are equipped with specialized training and diagnostic tools to determine how your home or building is performing and can show you what energy-efficiency improvements you can make to reduce your energy bills.
Many times we can solve comfort issues in a home or business and reduce utility costs at the same time. During this type of consultation, we use diagnostic tools to pinpoint problem areas in the building so they can be fixed with minimal effort and cost.
Comprehensive Energy Audit Includes:
1. Interior/Exterior inspection
2. Attic/Attic Ductwork Inspection
3. Basement/Crawl Space Inspection
4. Blower Door Test
5. Combustion Equipment Safety Testing
6. Computer Simulation of Building
7. Report with recommended energy upgrades
A comprehensive energy audit uses diagnostic tools such as: Blower Door, infrared camera, duct blaster, pressure gauges, and a good amount of crawling around in all parts of the building. These tools are used to understand how the building is working as a system. This information, along with building dimensions, is taken back to our office and analyzed using computer models to predict savings for recommended upgrades. A report is then generated to compile this information.
Home Energy Consultation Includes
If you do not need a full comprehensive energy audit, we also offer a “comfort” energy consultation. Many times we can solve comfort issues in a home or small business and reduce utility costs at the same time. During this type of consultation, we use diagnostic tools to pinpoint problem areas in the building so they can be fixed with minimal effort and cost. Unlike the Comprehensive audit, we do not produce a report detailing savings potential for recommended upgrades.
Building a Home?
We are certified HERS rater and can help you build a Energy Star Home. The process is simple and will help you build a smarter home that will keep you comfortable while saving you money.
Know how your home or building works together as a system and how you can most effectively use less energy to condition your space.
Be Energy Smart
Call us to schedule a consultation!
Every room in your home should be comfortable! Many times, comfort issues are easy to fix and can save you a lifetime of misery.